Beautiful Words

"True photography inspires the inner beauty of a display"

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Swear I'm Not Procrastinating

It's been a while since my last post, I'm not procrastinating of course. It's just because my life had become a ball of posted notes. I had schoolwork, errands to do and places to go also mentioning i had to take care of my usual routine. Now, things have cleared up. The layer of haze has thinned out. I'm still not carefree but I don't think I know of anyone with a carefree life.
There are so many things on my mind. I've noticed how much time I've wasted when I wasn't as caged with errands. Like for example, when I didn't have homework or places to go, I'd just waste my time either watching television or going on the internet. Yet, now I realize, there are so many things i can do to enjoy myself, I've also realised how much I enjoy spending time on my own, needing nothing more than the comfort of my home. This summer I have briefly planned in my mind what I want to do. I want to start roleplaying online, might sound a bit weird when I mention "online" but when you actually get engaged it's quite interesting. When I mean roleplay I mean literate roleplay without chat speakers. I've been lurking through a couple of boards of role play recently to get myself familiar with the whole world. As I lurked past, I was surprised to see how creative some people are and how much talent anonymous people have with introducing, describing and adding personality to a character. It almost makes the roleplay feel real. Secondly I want to get back in touch with photography. I've taken a bulk of photos already but i never actually printed many out. When I find the time I want to head back to places I used to visit and my past and take photos.
I was pondering around looking for that book called "Twilight" ever heard?(who hasn't?) It's really hard to get your hands on that book unless your looking to buy. I wasn't in a total rush to read the book because I knew I had too many things to do so I didn't bother to buy. So I called the library up hoping to reserve it atleast because great demand made it difficult to borrow straightaway. Here's the conversation I had (tampered with a little):
Librarian: Hello how can I help you
Me: Uhh, hi. Could I please borrow the book Twilight?
Librarian: Umm, yep. Let me have a look for you.
Me: Alright, thanks.
Librarian: I'm sorry I'll have to put you on reserve, there's a wait ahead of you.
Me: yep that's fine.
Librarian: Could I please have your card nuumber?
Me: (gives card number).
Librarian: Alright your on the list.
Me: Could I just ask how long it would take, before I get the book?
Librarian: There's 42 people ahead of you and we have 3 copies. So about 2 years.
Me: Uh, okay...thanks.
After that, I was just shocked. Not shocked as much for the 2 year wait but the tone of her voice. She was so calm about it. I was hoping to get it by summer holidays and then she says "two years" with the most "there you go, enjoy and have a good day" voice. I started cracking up a laugh after that phone call. So there my journey started to venture out for that novel about vampires and romance called "Twilight". I called up another library and they put me on reserve saying that i could be lucky and get it by summer. Two weeks followed and we were in the library for english at school. I hardly do borrow books from the school library because I prefer the bigger libraries with a bigger range of book. Anyway, I was curious, how long would the wait be here, 3 years? Maybe they don't even have the book i thought. I searched Twilight in the terminal. "1 out of 1 copies" was displayed at the bottom. This can't be real i thought to myself. I search for it on the shelves and there it was on a spine label "Twilight". I picked it out. This wasn't Twilight, maybe it was a fake I thought. It was Twilight except with the old cover. The book was unbelievably worn out and chunks of pages were only hanging on by only the the stick of some tape. Well it was Twilight alright. As fragile as it be. My final exams period was on so I was planning to save the reading till 5 days later so my exams would pass. I couldn't resist that night and I started reading. I finished the book over the weekends when i had borrowed it friday. I didn't have much time though because i had to study aswell as go places. So i used a technique i call "express reading". I read in the car, while i waited, on the dinner table, instead of my favourite show which runs for 30 minutes. I basically read wherever I found and excuse to instead of wasting my time. It took away some of my studying time but I didn't mind because my science exam wasn't hardly on anything I had studied. The whole year over studied for our stupid yearly science test. It was based more on general knowledge and we'd done all this work on memorizing formulae, theory and examples of the topics. None of the studying material mattered in the test. There I was the two days before, studying newton's three laws, ecology, forensics and all this other useless material. What a laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOLE

Anonymous said...

HI
I Lyk read da blog lyk u told me 2
good job!!!!!
lv